Posted on Apr 23, 2014 10:42:49 AM
We here at Paper House are All Shook Up about this card from our design team member Arin. There is no better way to tell someone you are Always On My Mind than with a little thank you note! Now, a Little Less Conversation and a few great pictures!
Arin used a combination of our Elvis-TCB Paper, The King Cardstock Stickers, Elvis 3D Stickers, and our Country Girl 6x6 Paper Pad to make this fun, unexpected tribute to the King.
We love how she layered the 3D stickers over the cork, and how cute is that star pin!?
We Can't Help Falling In Love with the natural elements that Arin used. The cork, burlap and jute give an unexpected softness to the layout and the theme.
So, Doncha' Think It's Time to make this card for someone special? Here's how:
Paper House 12x12 Elvis –TCB Scrapbooking Paper
Paper House Elvis – The King Cardstock Stickers
Paper House Elvis 3D Stickers
Paper House Country Girl 6x6 Pad
Xyron ½ inch Mega Runner
Xyron 3 Inch Sticker Maker
Fabric Mini Tags
Star Stick Pin
1" and 1.5" Circle Punches
1. Cut out base of card using textured paper (cut a 8.5 x 11" sheet in half and fold over) Cut out pieces from Elvis –TCB scrapbook paper (3.5 x 2.5") , Country Girl (3.5 x 5.25") and textured paper (4.5 x 3.5"). Punch out circles using cork paper.
2. Begin to layer the card using an adhesive (AGT) and wrap and tie a bow around the textured paper using the hemp twine. Add adhesive to cork circles (Xyron Sticker Maker or any adhesive preference) and Elvis 3D Sticker to the bow.
3. Add additional embellishments using cork circles, fabric tag, stick pin and Elvis The King Cardstock stickers and 3D Stickers.
Don't Be Cruel, put on your Blue Suede Shoes and stop by Arin's blog to see her other great designs and leave some love while you're there!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Apr 22, 2014 4:55:57 PM
They say New York is the "City that Never Sleeps," and Wendy's layout has our eyes wide open! We love her description of how she felt about our collection before she used it:
"I will admit I was hoarding my New York City collections from Paper House Productions. Yep, raising my hand! Simply because the papers, dimensional embellishments, and accents are just the perfection in capturing the mood, street life, and urban edge to the city. So, I finally caved in and put into action my some of my stash from the New York City collections."
Wendy toned down the front-forward street sign background of the New York City Map paper by adding white paper in a starburst pattern using a 12x12" plastic starburst template.
Her decision to minimize the number and size of the photographs she used actually draws your focus in to them even more (and Wendy's photography is just stunning in general!) Along with some items from her stash, Wendy layered on several accents from our New York 3D Stickers and New York City Cardstock Stickers - adding the finishing touches a modern, metropolitan page.
Take a trip over to Wendy's blog to see her full post and even more details!
By Shaena Twitty
Posted on Apr 21, 2014 2:15:01 PM
Hi Everyone! We hope you had an amazing weekend and a Hoppy Easter! Thank you to everyone who participated in our Kids Blog Hop. What a great way to celebrate Easter, with a hop!
Our designers really went above and beyond to inspire us with their great layouts and crafts! We want to thank them as well for their creativity. We are happy to be mailing out a Kids Prize Pack featuring goodies like our Little Man and Little Girl Paper Pads, our favorite kid-themed 3D Stickers, Cardstock Stickers, and even our fun & tactile Puffy Stickers (and more – it's a $60 value!) AND 5 additional runners up will recieve a Little Man or Little Girl Paper Pad.
The lucky winner just happens to be: Tonya Wilson-Trantham! If you happen to see her around online, be sure to give her a big congratulations! And if you didn't win, don't worry - we'll be having another great hop with another fantastic prize next month! Be sure to hop along with us and enter then!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
In case you missed this hop, we'll do a quick recap of the gorgeous projects our Design Team created. Just check out the photos and links below!
Jó in Wonderland
We hop your enjoyed the Hop! What did we inspire you to make today?!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Apr 18, 2014 10:00:00 AM
Thanks for hopping along with us in our “Hop, Skip & Jump” Kids Blog Hop this weekend! We're so glad you're joining us, and hope you're inspired by all the amazing projects our Spring Design Team has been creating!
If you've never done a blog hop before, we're happy you're starting with us! To begin, just visit the first designers' blog in the list below. Look at her project, leave her a little bit of love in the comments section of her post, and click on through to the next designer on the list. Each blog will have the list repeated, so you shouldn't get lost along way! After you've visited and commented on each blog, just come back here and enter our contest to win a pretty awesome prize pack!
This Kids Prize Pack features goodies like our Little Man and Little Girl Paper Pads, our favorite kid-themed 3D Stickers, Cardstock Stickers, and even our fun & tactile Puffy Stickers (and more – it's a $60 value!) This prize pack is not only perfect for making scrapbook pages of your little Monsters and Princesses, but it's also great for crafting up kid-friendly cards and Pinterest-worthy projects!
And to take the fun up another level, we're also giving away Little Man or Little Girl Paper Pads to (5) Runners-Up! That's right – 6 winners for one contest! We like those odds!
There are a few ways to enter - the first two are freebies by liking us on Facebook and signing up to receive Facebook notifications from us (we don't want you to miss any of our great project posts!). But the big entry comes from commenting on each of our designers' posts! If you do, you'll get +10 entries into our drawing! That sounds like a deal!
Kids' Blog Hop Designers
Make sure to hop through each designer down the list to be eligible for the most entries! When you're done, just hop back here and let us know! The hop will be running all weekend, so you have until Sunday at 11:59pm EST to get your entries in!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
By Shaena Twitty
Posted on Apr 17, 2014 5:12:15 PM
These lovely wedding cards that design team member Larissa created are sure to make your dreams come true! She made an entire suite of cards, and makes it look incredibly easy too!
The Dreams Come True Paper in our To Have & To Hold Collection has plenty of tags that are formatted for your pocket page album, but they also make great fronts for small cards. And wedding season is right around the corner, so take time to make yourself a set and be prepared for all the showers and events you'll have coming up!
Larissa added scalloped borders in pink to the bottoms of some of her cards, which give a great accent color. This could be customized to the bride's wedding colors, or done in silver or gold for a neutral look.
Larissa also made some lovely boxes to hold her sets of cards. Wouldn't this make a nice gift for a bride-to-be at her shower?
Ribbons, pearls, and glitter add the finishing touches to this set! Make sure to stop by Larissa's blog and tell her how much you LOVE her project.
And don't forget to stop by tomorrow to join us for our "Hop, Skip & Jump" Kids' Blog Hop. The design team has been hard at work making amazing and inspiring projects, and there are some great prizes to win!
By Shaena Twitty
Posted on Apr 16, 2014 4:33:34 PM
When you think of Impressionist Art, Las Vegas is not often the first (or second) thing that comes to mind. Our design team member Jó In Wonderland took a gamble (pun intended) when she combined paper from our Impressions paper pad and our 3D Las Vegas stickers into this colorful layout. We think she hit the jackpot.
The colors and textures from the Impressions paper make the perfect backdrop for the lights and over-the-top glitz that Vegas is known for.
We love how she used a double image and layered them; just like our 3D stickers!
If you ever bought a label maker for organization and never quite used it, labels are making a huge comeback in the crafting world.
If you'd like to throw your dice in and try this great layout, here's how:
Las Vegas Wedding Layout
Designed by: Jó in Wonderland
Paper House Impressions Paper Pad
Paper House Las Vegas 3D Stickers
old book pages
pink pearl acrylic
vertical picture 4 x 6
2 version with different colors of the same vertical picture 4 x 6
glue or double sided tape
1. With a cutter, fussy cut the golden design in the right lower corner.
2. Create borders with old book pages with a border punch.
3. Create texture with gesso and a mask where you will place the pictures.
4. After gesso dry, spray yellow mist.
5. Cover the chipboard with gesso, then paint it with acrylic pearl pink.
6. Create cluster with the double pictures: with foam tape adhere them together as shown in picture.
7. Create pictures layers: with glue or double sided tape attach previously bordered book pages where shown.
8. Attach pictures: put the bottom one with corner under the fussy cutted golden border to create dimension on layout.
9. Glue chipboard where shown.
10. Create your title with labeler and adhere it on the chipboard.
11. Now decorate the layout: take your amazing stickers and attach them where shown. Decorate the chipboard with golden sequins as shown.
If you love this layout, double down and stop by her blog to see all of her great work!
By Shaena Twitty
Posted on Apr 14, 2014 2:36:06 PM
In one of our previous posts, we taught you how to speak a little Italian, how about a short Spanish lesson? A la Buena Vida translates to “the good life.” We've never been to Spain, but if this layout by Irit is any indication, they truly do live a la buena vida!Irit used a combination of our Spain papers, cardstock stickers, and 3D stickers all from our new Spain Collection to create this fun multi-picture layout. We love how she put all of the pictures on an angle- it really pulls your eye across the page.The top right corner is a wonderful little conglomeration of cardstock stickers which balance the 3D stickers on the bottom right. Irit is great at playing with layers and knows exactly where to add just the right amount of dimension.If you are in love with Irit's layout and want to try it for yourself, here are the instruction;
Paper House Spain collection: Buena Vida paper, Spanish Allure
Paper House Spain cardstock stickers
Paper House Spain 3D stickers
Chipboards: frame, love title, fence
Chit Chat word stickers
6 4x6 photos
1. Cut Buena Vida paper to 12x10. Arrange all 6 photos a bit diagonally over this paper piece, leaving a la Buena Vida words on the bottom visible. Cut the overlapping photo edges to fit the paper from left to right. Adhere the whole photo cluster over the basic Spanish Allure paper.
2. Glue one half of chipboard gate on the top of the page under the photo cluster paper as shown. Make a small embellishment cluster with a piece of leftover blue paper from Buena Vida and add 4 cardstock stickers as shown. Add "our soulful voyage" sticker's words, or just print them on your computer. Glue the stickers cluster over the chipboard gate on the right top of your page.
3. Add a bare small chipboard Polaroid frame over the lower left photo using 3d foam glue. Adhere 3 stickers from 3D set. Adhere the SPAIN 3D sticker between two photo lines and then add a piece of cardstock border to the left over the same line. Adhere the other part of the same border sticker on the bottom of the left photos.
4. Add 2 square bubble stickers on the end of border stickers as shown.
5. Make a title with 2 word stickers, one chipboard word and 3d sticker Barcelona.
I know we can't all just jump on a plane to Spain, but seeing layouts like this really make us wish we could! If you would like to see more of Irit's layouts, head on over to her blog and leave her some love!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Apr 9, 2014 4:47:51 PM
When we think of “traditional scrapbooking” and what most people use scrapbook paper for, we think of 12x12 layouts with stickers, papers, photos and other embellishments. This project from our design team member Erin falls into a whole new category of scrapbook art. The fact that she started with an 8x10 art canvas just builds on the idea of scrapbooking as art. I don't know about you, but I would hang this my house in a second!
Using a painted canvas as her base, Erin took our 100% Country paper pad, flowers, paint, cardstock stickers from our Generations line, and our puffy butterfly stickers to create this one of a kind keepsake.
We love how she used our family canvas sticker as her title!
We are amazed by her creativity. She was able to get so much depth, dimension and emotion into a 8x10 package!
If you would like to see more of Erin's projects, stop by her blog and let her know how amazing this projects is!
By Tara Sturm