Need a gift? Michelle McClure did, so she made one!
Michelle says "I wanted to give a jewelry box for a birthday present and decided to make my own. I took a dark brown wooden cigar box and altered it to make a gift for a young girl."
Cigar boxes are great for altered craft projects, make a jewelry box like Michelle did or use them to store recipes , tea, a gift box, or for any keepsakes you want to keep in a safe place.
For the directions please see below.
1. Sand the outside of the box with a rough sand paper. This will let the paint or adhesive adhere better.
2. Paint the box with craft paint. You can just paint along the edges so any exposed parts of the box will not be noticeable, especially the seams.
3. Trace each side of the box onto scrapbooking paper and cut out the pieces.
4. Spread a layer of Mod Podge onto one side of the box. Place the corresponding piece of scrapbook paper onto the box. Try to lay the paper onto the box as smooth and flat as possible so it will not have air bubbles.
5. Spread another layer of Mod Podge onto the top of the scrapbook paper. Let dry.
6. Continue process with each side of the box. I left the bottom unaltered.
7. Decorate the box with embellishments and stickers.
For a downloadable PDF of Michelle's project visit her blog for the instructions and supply list.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you back again tomorrow.