Sparkle and Shine

Posted on Dec 30, 2015 8:48:38 AM

Hello everyone, Laura here! Welcome to more inspiration for Colorways week!!  I’ve got a fun fold card to share with you today using the gorgeous Paper House Gatsby collection:

sparkle1

This card was created using this template I’ve drawn up:

sparkle2

When you undo the Velcro closure, here is the inside:

sparkle3

I’ve used one of the Colorways Orchid collection rub-ons as the sentiment.  Love the way these go on so smoothly….even over textured cardstock!

There is a secret pocket in this card:

sparkle4

It holds this tag/bookmark made with one of the Gatsby journal cards, and puffy stickers:

sparkle5

This tag could also hold a gift card if you choose.

I've made a instructional video too! Check it out here!

Thanks for stoppin’ by today!  Stop back soon for more inspiration!

Product Used:

Paper House Colorways Gatsby "Art Deco," "Mini Trim Cards," "Edgings," "Trim Cards"

Paper House Colorways Gatsby Accent Pack

Paper House Colorways Orchid Rub-On Transfers

Paper House Sparkle Puffy Stickers

Paper House Peace Puffy Stickers

Gold Tulle

AC black cardstock

AC POW glitter paper

laura signature

3 Comments | Posted in Scrapbooking Crafts Card Making By Tara Sturm

Just Chillin'

Posted on Dec 11, 2015 11:00:14 AM

Hello all, it's Laura! I’ve got a cool little trio of cards to share with you today! These sweet little penguins could brighten anyone’s day:

Chillaxin

What a cutie, right? These Paper House Just Chillin’ 3D Stickers are super cute for everyday cards. 

chillaxin2

A few rhinestones add a little bling, but notice those rub-ons... the "hi" and the large snowflake are from the Colorways Orchid Collection rub-ons.

Here’s another card with a diecut center and a pretty Paper House snowflake paper peeking out:

chilly

I added some fussy cut snowflakes from the paper, foam taped them around the frame, and added some Stickles to give them a little extra sparkle.

chilly2

For this last card, I used almost all 3D Stickers from the Just Chillin’ set.

waddlin

The penguin’s snowy little hill is just a couple of pieces of cardstock, torn and foam taped, and again, a little Stickles for sparkle.waddlin2

Love that the 3D Stickers are so versatile... they aren’t just for scrapping!

Thanks for stoppin’ by today! Come back soon for more inspiration!

Product Used:

Paper House Reindeer 12" Double Sided Paper
Paper House Just Chillin' 3D Stickers
Paper House ColorWays Orchid Rub-Ons

Tools/other: AC white/aqua/blue cardstock, cut cardstock, pearl cardstock, AC ribbon, Stickles, Want 2 Scrap rhinestones, Spellbinders pinking edge dies, snowflake card die, foam tape

laura signature

0 Comments | Posted in Scrapbooking Crafts Holidays Card Making By Tara Sturm

Gorgeous Gift Tags

Posted on Dec 10, 2015 8:56:02 AM

Hi there, Karen here today to share some little tag-shaped cards. Actually, they are the perfect size to be used as a gift card holder. The ColorWays line coordinates so easily that when you are using a sketch, they come together in no time at all. Keep this gem of an idea in your back pocket just in case you need that last minute holiday gift.

Directions:
1. Follow the tag sketch by Scrapbook Generation in CREATE Magazine (Debbie Sanders - September 2015)

sketch

2. Cut a piece of cardstock for the tag base and select two coordinating papers for the circle and bunting shape.

3. Next, arrange the sentiment and embellish the tag with puffy stickers, diecut shapes, gems, etc.

4. Finally, punch a hole through the center of the top of the tag. Add a bow or tie a piece of ribbon through the hole. 

TIP: Use design sketches for inspiration, but don't feel restricted to follow them exactly. For the black tag, I reversed the sketch. My placement of embellishments was also different from the sketch because the sentiment took up more space. Some elements of the design you may choose to completely leave off. Use the sketch as a guide but let your creativity flow to make it your own creation.

Title: Hello Hearts

hello

hello_1

hello_2Product Used:

Paper House ColorWays Noir Birchwood 12" Scrapbook Paper
Paper House ColorWays Noir Accent Pack
Paper House Explore Puffy Sticker

black cardstock, organza ribbon, black gems, hole punch, gold bead, needle and thread

Title: You Make Every Day Happy

happy

happy2

happy3Product Used:

Paper House ColorWays Sapphire Accent Pack
Paper House ColorWays Sapphire Trim Cards 12" Scrapbook Paper
Paper House Explore Puffy Sticker
Paper House Enjoy Puffy Sticker

navy blue cardstock, hole punch, blue ribbon

Visit Paper House to see their whole beautiful range of coordinating papers and embellishments, and stop by my blog, Art & Soul, to see more of my inspiring creations.

karen signature

0 Comments | Posted in Scrapbooking Holidays Card Making By Tara Sturm

Stylish Gift-Giving

Posted on Dec 9, 2015 9:16:10 AM

Hello, it's Irit bringing you some stylish handmade gift card holders. They are made with paper and recycled chipboard. They are easy-to-make, fancy gift holders. I made a small tutorial to show you how you can make this project.

Dreams and Wishes Gift Card Holder

dreams1

Product Used:

Patterned Paper: Paper House
Stickers: Paper House
Diecuts: Paper House
Chipboards: FabScraps
Stamps: Rubber Dance
Ink: Clearsnap, Tsukineko
Embossing powders: Wow! Embossing Powders
Other: chipboard, bead handle, photo corners

Step by Step Instructions: 

1. Fold the 15" x 8'' bare chipboard piece into a purse shape with folds at 3" and 12", so we have this 8" x 6'' finished shape with 3'' flap. Cover the entire piece with Paper House patterned paper inside and out (you'll need two 12" x 12'' pieces).

2. Ink the chipboard front with VersaMark and heat emboss with a mix of blue powders. Ink the entire piece's edges with one of these inks, too. Adhere the window shape on the front and add the title on top of it. Add two snowflake glitter Paper House stickers.

3. Add a gift card sized Paper House diecut inside the holder and add four white photo corners to insert the gift card later. Adhere a few more diecut shapes on the top half on the inside.

4. Stamp sentiments on the lower right corner of the lower page with VersaMark and the same light blue heat embossing. Add a couple of metal charms.

5. Add a string of plastic beads as your handle and adhere a round Velcro piece to make the closure.

dreams2

dreams3

dreams4

Book-shaped Gift Card Holder

gift1

Product Used:

Cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned paper: Paper House
Stickers: Paper House
Resin cast: Environmental Technology Ink Easy Cast Resin
Molds: Plaid, Wow! Embossing Powders
Chipboard: FabScraps
Inks: Ranger
Glitter: Ranger
Bling: Paper Studio
Other: Book board

Step by Step Instructions:

1. Wrap two book board pieces with Paper House patterned paper and add the inside patterned paper to cover the bare boards.

2. Fold three sheets of plain paper accordion style and make the folded frame inside the book cover. Cover the paper with a frame made from the same patterned outside paper. Add four photo corners to keep the future gift card inside.

3. Embellish the inside cover with 3D stickers and make the 3D snowman by cutting the same paper twice and using 3D foam glue.

4. Heat emboss the title with silver and blue glitter powders and adhere it over the outside cover. Add a strip of rhinestones and some more random blue stones over the cover.

5. Cast three snowflakes and two circles with ETI Easy Cast Resin and some blue glitter in the mold, and after 24 hours, glue them over the cover as shown.

gift2

gift3

gift4

irit signature 

1 Comments | Posted in Scrapbooking Holidays Card Making By Tara Sturm

Make Your Own Envelope!

Posted on Dec 7, 2015 9:43:49 AM

Hello everyone, Francesca here!

Today I want to show you one of my favorite envelopes... the policy envelope!

Envelopes- Francesca Biancon

I love to use this size; it’s lovely and original. If you want to make one, you can follow the attached layout. Just print it like this without changes, or you can reduce or enlarge, as you prefer.

In this particular case, you need only 8x8 paper! I used the beautiful green papers of the Emerald ColorWays Collection; I love how bright the colors are.

For the first one, I simply added the puffy stickers.

For the second one, I glued paper flowers and added a SnapShots™ sticker.

The card inside of both is very simple: a SnapShots™ sticker and ink splatters. I love this effect!

Thanks for stopping by!

Paper House - Francesca Biancon

0 Comments | Posted in Scrapbooking Layouts Card Making By Tara Sturm

Live by Faith

Posted on Dec 3, 2015 8:42:25 AM

Hello everyone, Christine here! Paper House isn’t new to making faith-based papers and stickers, and I have always loved using them. They are great for home decor, cards, layouts... you name it! Today, I am going to share a layout and card with you that I made with their newest Live by Faith Collection, which includes patterned papers, cardstock stickers, and Sculpted™ puffy stickers, too! First up is a layout I created with it.

faith_collection

I didn’t scrapbook about a specific event for this layout but focused on what I want for my children. I picked a couple of pictures of them as a group from a time when they had been having fun together. I used the Faith Sculpted™ Stickers that said faith, hope, and love to help communicate that. I also used some stickers from the Live by Faith Cardstock set.

faith_collection_2

The background paper is beautiful, but I wanted to add some texture to it. I decided to add some long lines of hand stitching to accomplish that. 

faith_card

This collection makes beautiful cards! My starting point was with the lighthouse pocket page piece. 

faith_card_2

The collection includes a 12" x 12" sheet of 3" x 4" pieces that are perfect for either pocket pages or cards. I built the card up from there, including several cardstock stickers and some additional patterned paper to break things up. I topped the whole thing off with some enamel dots and baker's twine.

Keep your eye out for this collection in your local big box stores—I’ve seen it in mine! You will love playing with it when you get your chance!

christine signature

0 Comments | Posted in Scrapbooking Layouts Card Making By Tara Sturm

Crafty Christmas Cards

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 9:34:00 AM

Hello Paper House Lovelies!

It's Karyn here today celebrating Diecut Sticker week over at Paper House Productions. 

I've chosen to use the Winter Wonderland Diecut Sticker Pack and I've started to make my Christmas cards!!

christmas cards all

I've chosen a design and used it for all my cards, just varying the colored papers and the stickers. I've kept my card base neutral and white. Then I've layered either green or red paper from the ColorWays paper collection. Next I've added a layer of white cardstock which has been embossed, stamped and ribbon has been added (from my scraps of ribbon - I never discard any offcuts!)

snowflake card

Then it was time to add the diecut stickers. I've used 3 snowflakes on this top card - I used a dimensional to raise each one.

On this next card I stuck down first the "Joy Peace and Love" sticker down then I added the holly on top to add dimension for a 3-D effect. 

joy_peace_love card 

There are 2 of each sticker in each pack so I used both the pinecones on this card. 

two_pinecones

Finally for this card I added a cluster of 3 stickers. 

christmas cluster

I've really enjoyed starting to make my Christmas cards and have been able to efficiently create these cards by using a common design and one pack of  die-cut stickers.

Have you started your cards yet??

Happy Crafting

Karyn xx

karyn signature

Christmas Time is Coming!

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 9:09:34 AM

Hello all, Karen here! I have four rustic woodland Christmas cards to share today with photo quality embellishments that are ideal for a more masculine card.  Wooden veneer embellishments compliment them perfectly.

Cardinal Peace Card
Product Used:  Paper House Winter Wonderland Diecut Sticker Pack, Paper House ColorWays Noir Birchwood 12" Scrapbook Paper, Paper House Generations 12x12 Paper Pad, green glitter cardstock, red pearl domes, wooden sentiment

cardinal

Most Wonderful Time of the Year Card
Supplies: Paper House Winter Wonderland Diecut Sticker Pack, Paper House Generations 12x12 paper pad, red gems, stocking embellishment

wonderful

Wishing You Joy, Peace, & Love Card
Supplies: Paper House Winter Wonderland Diecut Sticker Pack, brown paper (Co'rdinations), woodgrain embossing folder (Darice), corner rounder punch (Marvy Uchida), paper distresser tool, red buttons, wooden star

joy peace love

Baby It's Cold Outside Card
Supplies: Paper House Winter Wonderland Diecut Sticker Pack, Paper House Smiles Begin with You 12" Scrapbook Paper , Paper House ColorWays Emerald Accent Pack, wooden veneer snowflakes (Studio Calico)

cold

If you like the cards I've shared, please visit Paper House to see this beautiful range of rustic Holiday papers & embellishments.
Be sure to stop by Art & Soul and say hello!

Karen signature