Posted on Jan 11, 2016 3:00:00 PM
Hello all! The Paper House crew is having a blast crafting with our new collections at the CHA Mega Show. Visit us in booth #1661 to see all the exciting things that are going on! Want to follow along with the Make and Take projects that we are sharing with show-goers? Follow these simple directions below!
Today we’re bringing you the Atlantis Post-It Holder, instructed by Paper House designer Shaena! Dive into crafting with this quick and easy, but incredibly useful, Post-It holder! You’re sure to reach for it next time you need to jot down directions to a lost city.
You Will Need:
• Paper House ColorWays Atlantis Mini Trim Card 12" Scrapbook Paper
• Paper House ColorWays Atlantis 12" Cardstock Sticker
• 3" x 3" Post-Its
• Trim ColorWays Atlantis Mini Trim Cards into three 3.5" by 12" strips.
• Score each strip at 2.5, 5.75, 6, and 9.25 inches.
• Fold each score so that the Trim Cards are on the outside.
• Fold over the first flap and glue down. Fold over the last flap and glue down.
• Take off the backer of your Post-It and place to the left of the spine.
• Embellish the cover with cardstock stickers as desired.
Did you enjoy creating this Post-It holder? Check out the rest of our products at PaperHouseProductions.com to put your own spin on this project and find inspiration for others! Happy crafting!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Jan 10, 2016 12:00:00 PM
Welcome! The Paper House crew is having a blast crafting with our new collections at the CHA Mega Show. Visit us in Booth #1661 to see all the exciting things that are going on! Want to follow along with the Make and Take projects that we are sharing with showgoers? Follow the simple directions below.
This afternoon, we are joined by our 2015 Design Team member Susie, who is sharing her beautiful beach layout with the Anaheim crowd. This tranquil layout will make you long for a trip to the beach. Our beach collection coordinates perfectly, letting you mix and match to create just the right feel.
You Will Need:
• Paper House Sand Dunes 12" Scrapbook Paper
• Paper House Beach Tags 12" Scrapbook Paper
• Paper House Lighthouse 12" Scrapbook Paper
• White Cardstock
• Natural Colored Twine
• Cut Beach Tags as indicated in diagram. Retain bar code edge strip for later use.
• Flip over the Beach Time/Starfish/Lighthouse Journal Tag element so that the side with the off-white boards is facing up. Ink the edges.
• Distress and ink the edges of the Sailboat Tag.
• Distress and ink the edges of the cards that are cut into strips.
• Place Lighthouse paper in front of you so that the sand side faces up, fence shadow on the right side, creating the background for the scrapbook page.
• Position Sand Dune paper so that boards run horizontally. Cut 3.5" x 12" strip. Line up and adhere along left edge of background paper.
• Overlap the "rope" strip to create an element that is 9.5" long. Position on layout as shown.
• Overlap the seashell strip to create an element that is 8.75" long. Position on layout as shown.
• Position the Relax & Unwind strip and the off-white board element on the layout.
• Cut the small Happiness element from the bar code edge strip. Distress and ink the edges, and tuck under the top edge of the central collage.
• Adhere Sun & Sand word strip approximately 4.75" from the bottom so that it slightly overlaps the above strip and is about 0.75" from the left edge.
• Add Sailboat Journal Tag.
• Add photos and place SnapShots™ sticker as desired.
• Ink tag, tie twine, and tuck under the bottom edge of central collage.
Did you enjoy creating this layout? Check out the rest of our products at paperhouseproductions.com to put your own spin on this project and find inspiration for others! Happy crafting!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Jan 10, 2016 9:00:00 AM
Good morning! The Paper House crew is having a blast crafting with our new collections at the CHA Mega Show. Visit us in Booth #1661 to see all the exciting things that are going on! Want to follow along with the Make and Take projects that we are sharing with showgoers? Follow the simple directions below.
We’re starting off the day with the Discover Planner Insert, a project instructed by Paper House’s very own Tara. Love planners? Then plan to love this awesome A5 insert, created using our brand new and beautiful Discover Collection. It’s sure to make you want to take a trip!
You Will Need:
• Paper House Discover the World 12" Scrapbook Paper
• Paper House Discover Tags 12" Scrapbook Paper
• Paper House Discover Travel 12" Cardstock Sticker
• Two colors of ribbon
• Cut Discover Tags paper and Discover the World paper as indicated in diagram.
• With the teal dotted pattern face up, place adhesive on the bottom and up the two sides. Align on the left bottom side panel of the Discover the World shape you cut out.
• Fold the right flap of the Discover the World base. Apply adhesive to the bottom and right side, and adhere to the left side.
• Cut an inverted V shape into the bottom of the 2" x 1.5" piece you cut from the tag paper.
• Cut two small pieces of ribbon.
• Using your stapler, attach the ribbon and small banner to the top left of your base, about 1" from the left side.
• Take one of the 6" x 3.75" pieces you cut from the Discover the World paper and adhere the Embrace the Detours sticker to the center. Add a piece of the craft border to the top.
• Add cardstock stickers as desired.
Did you enjoy creating this planner insert? Check out the rest of our products at paperhouseproductions.com to put your own spin on this project and find inspiration for others! Happy crafting!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Jan 9, 2016 12:00:00 PM
Hello readers! The Paper House crew is having a blast crafting with our new collections at the CHA Mega Show. Visit us in Booth #1661 to see all the exciting things that are going on! Want to follow along with the Make and Take projects that we are sharing with showgoers? Follow the simple directions below.
Today’s second project is the Football Pocket Layout, designed right here at Paper House! This all-star pocket layout comes together easily with the awesome tag paper and cardstock sticker from our new Football Collection. With nine pockets, there are plenty of opportunities to showcase all of your football highlights! It’s a guaranteed touchdown!
You Will Need:
• Paper House Football Tags 12" Scrapbook Paper
• Paper House Football 12" Cardstock Sticker
• 12" Pocket Page with (12) 3" x 4" Pockets
• 4 Photos
• Trim out all tags from the Football Tag Paper. Cut each of the 4" x 6" tags in half (to 3" wide by 4" tall).
• Trim the 4th row of pockets off of your pocket page.
• Slip in Football tag, Keep Calm tag, Football journal tag, and All Star Player tag.
• On one of the Football Field tags, place your photo in the center and add a piece of the star border from the cardstock stickers and a football. Slide into pocket.
• On the other half of the Field tag, add your photo and the “my team” sticker from the cardstock stickers. Slide into pocket.
• On the Football Words Chalk tag, add Eat, Sleep, Football sticker to center. Slip into pocket.
• For bottom center tag, add photo and cardstock banner sticker. Slide into pocket. Repeat for top center tag.
• Embellish outside of pockets as desired with cardstock stickers.
Did you enjoy creating this pocket layout? Check out the rest of our products at paperhouseproductions.com to put your own spin on this project and find inspiration for others! Happy crafting!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Dec 31, 2015 9:16:46 AM
Hello everyone, it’s Susie!
I sometimes cruise the internet for inspiration and lately I have seen a lot of layouts with a grid design. Here is my take on that style:
I wanted the background to be light in color with no distracting patterns. This paper is from the Handmade Paper Pad and the cable knit design adds just enough texture to make it interesting.
I created the grid with thin strips of black patterned washi tape, then accented with strips in red. To give you a little perspective, the squares are approximately 3”x3” so you can see that the photos are pretty small!
I combined large snowflakes from the Winter Wonderland Diecut Sticker Pack with a variety of snow-themed Puffy Stickers. I love the look of the white on white with bright pops of color!
I added winter themed words that I die cut from black card stock and sprinkled in rhinestone bling to embellish some of the Puffy Sticker snowflakes and the backgrounds. I cut mini mats out of coordinating paper to visually “lift” some of the pictures off of the background. Every square in the grid has something, but the white details on white background really give this layout a fresh and uncluttered feel.
I love the way this grid layout turned out! The cute and colorful Snowman Puffy Stickers are perfect for this wintery, snow much fun layout!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!
Paper House Winter Wonderland Diecut Sticker Pack
Paper House Handmade Paper Pad
Paper House Christmas Cheer Tags 12” Double Sided Scrapbook Paper
Paper House Baby It’s Cold Puffy Sticker
Paper House Snowman Puffy Sticker
Paper House Savor Sculpted Sticker
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Dec 29, 2015 10:05:00 AM
Hi there, Karen here today to share a "super hero" themed layout. When you think you have seen every type of "super hero" imaginable, I hope my layout brings you a pleasant surprise. My little nephew had the most adorable hiccups (regularly) when he was a newborn and I made this page to honor his cuteness.
1. Select two sheets of cloudy sky paper for the background. Matte the central photo on blue cardstock and then arrange the photos on yellow cardstock.
2. Cut frames for three small photos using red and blue cardstock. Next, fussy cut three comic style exclamations from the hero paper and arrange around the layout.
3. Create a city skyline by making a row of sky scrapers along the lower edge. Adhere clouds and sun to the upper portion of the layout. Incorporate the journaling into the layout by adding it to one of the clouds. When adhering the buildings and clouds, mount some of them on foam tape to create depth.
4. Finally, embellish the layout with an eye-catching scattering of arrows and stars across the two pages. Use a star shaped paper punch to make star embellishments from coordinating paper. Lastly, embellish the layout with additional items like puffy stickers, die cut shapes, and rub on transfers.
Paper House ColorWays Celestial 12" Scrapbook Paper
Paper House Birthday Boy 12" Scrapbook Paper
Paper House Baked With Love 12" Scrapbook Paper
Paper House Sapphire Accent Pack
Paper House Be Happy Rub On Transfers
Paper House Explore Puffy Stickers
City buildings paper (Fido #1739 - GCD Studios)
chipboard star, mini star paper punch, charm, black permanent pen
TIP: I especially enjoy using arrows as embellishments as they add a sense of movement and direction to the layout. Having an embellishment extend through both pages, helps to link them and systematically lead the viewer's eye around the layout.
Visit Paper House to see their whole range of coordinating papers & embellishments.
Stop by my blog, Art & Soul to see more of my clever creations.
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Dec 29, 2015 9:06:44 AM
Hello Paper House Lovelies!
Welcome to ColorWays week!
It's Karyn here today sharing a scrapbook page I made using lots of goodies from the ColorWays Gatsby collection. I love the glitz and sparkle from this collection - just perfect for Christmas projects!
This photo was taken on Christmas Eve last year with our two elves :)
I started my page by using a star stencil and some gold paste. Once this had properly dried (overnight is best) I backed this with a sheet of paper from the Gatsby Paper Pack.
In the top corner I added a punched paper piece (also from the Gatsby Paper Pack) a circle accent from the Gatsby Accent Pack and puffy stickers from the Merry and Bright Sculpted sticker pack, as well as some gold alphas (from my stash) for the title.
Under the photo I layered some paper from the Gatsby Paper Pack and elements from the Gatsby Accent Pack. I love the "glitter sparkle shine" element!! The wire, flowers and reindeer angel are from my stash.
I also added some white star puffy stickers from the Merry and Bright Sculpted sticker - I love this shape!
Then I finished it off with some handwritten journaling about our elves!
I've loved using these ColorWays Gatsby products, perfect for Christmas!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Dec 23, 2015 9:00:00 AM
Hello, crafty friends, Giorgia here.
Some of the Paper House products that I love the most are the ColorWays Collections: stunning monochromatic papers, all double-sided and on a heavyweight stock. Each sheet is a perfect combination of beautiful photography and an artfully designed pattern on the reverse. There are also great accents and embellishments: rub-ons, puffy stickers, and an accent pack.
They are the perfect choice when you need monochromatic papers but don’t want to use regular cardstock.
I love to combine ColorWays Collections, as I did in this layout; I used Gatsby and Sapphire to scrap this funny San Diego picture—it was so much fun taking it, and we also received a round of applause for it!
Here you can see how I used the amazing puffy and Sculpted™ stickers:
I love to mix up different stickers; what I love most about Paper House products is that you can easily combine all of them! Here I used canvas, cardstock, and Sculpted™ stickers.
I distressed all the papers to add texture to my LO and added a cardstock sticker with a quote that was just perfect for my picture:
Paper House Product Used:
Nautical Paper Crafting Kit
Delish Cardstock Stickers
Lake Life Cardstock Stickers
Nautical Cardstock Stickers
ColorWays Sapphire Dahlia Paper
New York City Cardstock Stickers
Celestial Canvas Art Stickers
ColorWays Gatsby Edgings Paper
Savor Sculpted™ Stickers
Discover Sculpted™ Stickers
Love Sculpted™ Stickers
Explore Puffy Stickers
Enjoy Puffy Stickers
I hope you liked my project and that you will take a look at the amazing ColorWays!
Here are the step-by-step instructions to make this project:
- The background is the ColorWays Sapphire Dahlia paper.
- Create layers. Take a paper from the Nautical kit and the Gatsby Edgings paper, cut some rectangles, distress them, and glue them as shown in the center of the background paper.
- Add the quote sticker. It was too long, so I cut it to the right size to fit my layers. I cut it into a banner shape.
- Embellish the layout with stickers. I created a cluster in the bottom left corner... I love to create clusters of stickers!
- Add the Love puffy sticker overlapping a little bit of the picture.
- Your layout is ready!
These are other layouts I made combining different ColorWays; as you can see, you have endless possibilities when using them!
By Tara Sturm