Posted on Nov 7, 2014 9:00:00 AM
Welcome! What a week this has been! We've hiked and vacationed and just gone outside to see some great projects. Hopefully you've won some great prizes too! Today is the last day of our hop. If you've been here every day, thank you! If this is the first time you're joining us, thanks for coming! You still have a chance to win today's prize, see some great projects and stop over to Xyron's blog to see and win even more!
Let's get to hopping! Our Friday projects are from our design team members Christine Meyer and Kim Kendell. Christine made a beautiful hiking layout and Kim made an amazing outdoor, woods-themed page.
Don't you just love that leather and burlap paper in the background!? We love the variety of pictures and sizes, it adds so much interest.
How amazing is this background!? Ripping through the tree stump to get to the birch bark? LOVE it!
For instructions and more info, head on over to Christine's blog and Kim's blog! Please leave them some love while you're there!
For this Co-Hop, we are giving away some great Xyron prizes. Today's prize is:
Just comment on THIS post for your chance to win! AND there will be TWO lucky winners!
Now, just hop on over to Xyron's blog to win some more great prizes, and make sure to like them on Facebook to keep up-to-date with all their fantastic products and events!
Thanks for hopping with us!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Sep 22, 2014 12:44:42 PM
As we wind down our Canvas Week, we have a deligtfully simple and beautiful layout for you from our design team member Kim. Kim created a page using a beautiful black and white photo of her grandmother when she was young. Let's take a look!
We LOVE the contrast of the red roses with the black and white photo! Kim used our Rose Garden Paper, Garden Paper Pad, and Sing Your Song Canvas Stickers to create this amazing layout.
The canvas stickers take a back seat in this layout to the bright roses, but they add so much with their great sentiments and beautiful images. They also give great dimension along with the fussy cut roses that she popped up! What a great way to highlight an amazing photo!
If you love this layout, stop by Kim's blog to see all of her great projects and layouts. Stop by Wednesday for our last day of Canvas Week! The great sale also ends Wednesday, so stock up now!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Sep 9, 2014 1:56:22 PM
Each day, you go about your day creating memories you file away in you mind. As we get older, it gets harder and harder to pull up those memories.
Our design team member Kim has an amazing project today to help you physically file away those memories and keep them forever! Let's take a look!
How cute is this!? This is the opened folder showing the smaller areas on the inside where Kim made flipable flaps to put all of her journaling and photos. Kim used our Sprockets Paper, Got Bots? Paper, Hipster Paper Pad, Little Girl Paper Pad, and Moon & Back Canvas Art Stickers to create this bright, fun project.
LOVE the banners! And that canvas sticker is a great title for the whole folder!
Creating your own pockets and mini albums is the perfect way to hold all of your memories! We love that Kim thinks outside of the album, creating wonderfully different projects!
For more information and to see all of her great work, hear on over to Kim's blog! Take some time to file away those memories today!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Jun 17, 2014 9:00:00 AM
Nothing says romance like a black and white photo, beautiful flowers, and a sweet wedding kiss! Lucky for us, our design team member Kim's layout has them ALL! Let us gaze longingly...
Kim used our Sweet Love Paper as her background, layering on papers from our Romance Paper Pad, stickers from our Mr. & Mrs. 3D Stickers, and a canvas sticker from the Romance Canvas Stickers. Don't you just love how she fussy cut the roses and layered them! AND did you see the the round epoxy stickers peaking through the roses!? The canvas sticker and 3D sticker are just a perfect accent to the look and feel that Kim was going for.
If you LOVE this layout and you can stop gazing longingly, head on over to Kim's blog to see all of her wonderful designs!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Jun 3, 2014 9:00:00 AM
Good Afternoon! Today we are featuring a layout from our design team member Kim that we think is just Ducky! While Kim did use our Duck Hunting Collection to make this, fear not, no ducks were harmed in the making of this fun layout!
Kim used our Lowlands Camo Paper as the background with the Duck Blind Paper over it. She then used our Duck Hunting Cardstock stickers as accents. Don't you just love how she popped up the ducks!?
If you love this layout, waddle on over to Kim's blog and let her know. You'll also get to see her other great layouts and projects!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on May 14, 2014 9:48:09 AM
I'm sure than when Elvs was a little boy he would have never imagined that there would be a scrapbook collection dedicated to him! That's when you know you've really made it! We've seen this collection used in other layouts as a background color or in pieces, but our desgn team member Kim has kept the collection intact and we just love the results.
Aren't the colors in this collection fantastic!? Kim got very creative with the papers for this layout, fussy cutting out both the word Elvis and his image. Kim suggests that you place your own photograph where the orange/yellow image of Elvis is. If you would like to create this one of a kind layout, here's how:
Paper House Elvis TCB paper
Paper House Elvis King of Rock n Roll paper
Paper House Elvis cardstock stickers
1. Take your 12 x 12 TCB pages and ink the edges on one. With the other cut the word Elvis as individual letters as well as Elvis - 3D foam mount these cut out letters. Have the image ready for adhering later.
2. Take the King of Rock & Roll 12 x 12 sheet and cut out the image of Elvis’s head, and from another section cut a piece that is 5 x 7 inches. Ink edges and adhere as per image of LO
3. Take your cut head of Elvis and adhere as per image of LO
4. Now add your Elvis letter’s and cut out Elvis to the LO
5. Using the stickers embellish as per image of LO.
If you'd like to TCB, head on over to Kim's blog and check out all her great work. Leave some love while you're there!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Apr 28, 2014 11:29:26 AM
Giddy on up and check out this wonderful layout from our design team member Kim! Country girls will all tell you, they are made up of the sweet and the sassy, just like this layout say. Look pretty, Play dirty. Kim used our entire Country Girl Collection to create this layout and we just love it!
If you would like to Cowgirl Up and create this great layout, here's how;
Country Floral Pattern 12" Scrapbook Paper
Giddy Up 12" Scrapbook Paper
Country Girl Tags 12" Scrapbook Paper
Country Girl Cardstock Stickers
1. Take one sheet of the Country Floral paper and cut strip that is 12” x 7” and using a boarder punch, punch both 12” edges. Adhere this to the Giddy Up page approx. 1.5” from the bottom of the paper
2. Now take your Tags sheet and cut out the following ”Look Pretty Play Dirty Tag and the brown and blue edges from the can I get a Yee Haw tag
3. Now adhere your photo to the center of the LO and on the right hand side attaché the Look Pretty Play Dirty Tag and also the stick Counrty Girl.
4. Now adhere the blue brown strips you cut from the other tag to your LO as per image of LO they are Above the Look Pretty tag and on the left hand edge of the photo now adhee other stickers as per image of LO you will also need to take the take Talk southern to me and cut the flowers out and adhere the around the guitar sticker, as per image of LO
5. Your Layout is now complete I hope you have enjoyed creating this.
If you love this layout and want to see more of Kim's work, mosey on over to her blog and talk southern to her!
By Tara Sturm
Posted on Apr 9, 2014 12:40:23 PM
Everyone has an inner Rock Star just waiting to get out! Singing in the shower and playing air guitar in the mirror all count! So, take a few pictures at your next concert and try this great layout by Kim.Kim's claim to fame and the origin of the picture in her layout is that her brother's band opened for Guns & Roses! She used a combination of our paper, cardstock stickers, and our 3D stickers to create this bold, fun design.
We just love the effect she got with the cut out wings and the guitar picks from the 3D stickers.
And my favorite part, the cardstock sticker lights across the top of the page. Nothing says rock star like being in the hot stage lights!
To channel your inner rock God, just follow these easy steps:
2 sheets of the 12 x 12 PGL-0024 Rock On! paper
3D Rock Star stickers
Rock Star cardstock stickers
1. Take your 2 12 x 12 pages and ink the edges of one. With the other cut the wings out as well as the flower in the center of the wings ink edges.
2. Using foam tape mount the wings and the flower over the top of the ones on the 12 x 12 sheet.
3. Take the 12 inch strip of lights on the cardstock stickers and adhere to the top of your page
4. Add your photo as per image of LO
5. Using the 3D stickers embellish as per image of LO.
Head on over to Kim's blog to get more information and to see more of her great layouts and crafting goodies!
By Tara Sturm